TRAILER RACE RULES
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE RULES
*All drivers must wear a helmet with eye protection and a seat belt. Shoulder harnesses are requited to prevent facial and chest injuries. Neck brace suggested but not required. It is mandatory that drivers wear long sleeves and gloves while in car. Also pit crew must wear shirt, shoes and pants while in the pits.
*Drivers only allowed in vehicle – no passengers – no exceptions.
*If you remove your seat belt or helmet or leave your car for any reason during the race (Exception if your car is on fire or you are authorized by the official.) IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION WILL RESULT!
*The driver’s door may have support for the driver’s protection. Reinforcement materials cannot extend more than 2 inches beyond the outer limits of the upright door posts. We suggest using foam padding from the back seat on the inside of the driver’s door. ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING OF ALCOHLIC BEVERAGES!!!
RULES FOR TRAILER RACES
Please review safety rules before entering the grounds.
1. 4 Wheel tow vehicles only/full size passenger ok, passenger vans only. No step vans. (No dual wheels allowed. Cars only. No mid-size cars or small pick ups.)
2. 2-wheel trailers, 1 axle only, must have cargo such as boats (no motors or fuel tanks allowed on boats), appliances, camper trailers or outhouses. No junk or loose things in campers.
3. Trailer cargo cannot contain small items such as gravel, cans, etc. No porcelain or glass
(sinks, stools or bathtubs) allowed. This will be enforced.
4. The judges will have the option to approve or disapprove any equipment.
5. Tail lights, headlights and all outside mirrors are to be removed. Windshields and inside rear view
mirror is allowed. If you have no windshield you must have a windshield guard for driver in place.
Heavy duty wire with bracing.
6. No pintel or clevis hitches allowed. Factory 2”ball Hitch only. No larger than 1/4 of an
inch safety chain and must be fastened to hitch. No welding chain to towing vehicle – trailer only. Trailer must be able to be unhooked from towing vehicle at hitch.
7. Driver door and radiator protection bars allowed. Roll cage is okay. All vehicles must have the battery secured. Fuel cells recommended & need to be secured.
8. Hitting or contact on front stretch only. This will be ENFORCED.
9. ABSOLUTELY NO crew members on track at any time. There is no working on vehicles on the track or while the race is going on. Pit crews will have a designated area to watch the races.
10. If a trailer has no axle left, it is disqualified.
*The rules and regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable for such events. These rules shall govern the conditions of all events, all participants are deemed to have compiled with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
*The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR INPLIED WARRENTY OF SAGETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final!
Car Entry fee - $25 Gate Admission - $6 (Or fun pass) Pit passes - $20
Clean up fee - $25